Android developer *Students/ Fresh Grads Welcome to apply
- Career Level Student
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
Soundbrenner is dedicated to help musicians practice more and reach their musical goals. We develop innovative music tools that remove the hassle from practice. We’ve built the world’s highest rated metronome app, and we’ve shipped over 100,000 wearables to over 40 countries. Soundbrenner’s iOS and Android apps were downloaded over 7 million times and are currently used by over 600,000 musicians every month.
Our head office is in Hong Kong. That’s where we founded the company, mainly because it is close to where we manufacture our hardware products. In this exciting city, our team handles all business, finance, operations, sales, marketing, and manufacturing.
Our software development team is remote. While we started out as a local office in Berlin, Germany, we are now growing the software team globally.
Our company language is English. German skills are not required. In the entire company 12 nationalities work together.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced Android developer to join our team remotely, or in our Hong Kong office
- Someone who talks Kotlin and Java 8, and has an opinion about architecture design, ranging from MVP to MVVM and beyond
- A responsible individual who loves learning new technologies, such as Bluetooth-Low-Energy, client-server communication, low-latency audio processing, MIDI communication, subscription frameworks, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- A creative engineer that has experience translating designs into functional UI with a delightful UX
- A proactive person that uses git, can (or could learn to) read iOS code and wants to work in an agile environment where we peer-review each other’s work
We believe in
- Open communication
- Positive criticism
- Active participation in the decision-making process
- Openness to new ideas and experiments
- Pragmatic problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to learn and staying up-to-date
- Caring for our customers, peers and moral compass
- Doing great work that lasts, with consistency and DRY in mind
- Being outcome-oriented
- Making something people love to use
- Taking ownership
A passion for music
If you want to work at Soundbrenner, a passion for music is a big plus. We build tools, and it helps a lot if you’ve played an instrument before to understand why what you’re building is important. However, no one here is a professional musician, and you don’t have to be one either. As an engineer working at a music tech company, you’re pretty much as cool as it gets.
A small, dedicated team
We’re still a relatively small tech team where everybody is working towards a team goal, and on multiple platforms: iOS, Android, Embedded Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Backend.
We do our best to create development processes that are transparent and modern: We practice Scrum, refine the specs in the backlog every week, keep track of bugs, perform tests and have a daily stand-up meeting between our colleagues in the office and remote. Every engineer wears many hats and needs to learn different things quickly. If self-organizing is your thing, you’ve found your place.
What our team excels in:
- Native Android and iOS development
- Bluetooth Low Energy / Bluetooth 5 (IoT)
- Open Source Parse Server
- Low-level audio processing
- Network synchronization
- Music technology
- ARM Cortex M0/M4 Embedded Systems
- Prototyping in Python